PopMeC is an academic association fostering the study of US popular media and culture. We are interested in the articulation of the numerous and heterogeneous representations which have been constructing images of the US. Our work is focused on how the US—their history, society, and diverse cultures—have been represented in popular media and cultural products. The peculiarities of the American society can indeed be traced through the analysis of popular culture and multimodal cultural expressions, conveyed by means such as film, comics and graphic novels, TV and web series, videogames, new media, music, books, and whatnot. We believe in approaching these texts—as well as their publics and reception—from an intersectional, multidisciplinary standpoint and a diverse range of perspectives.
The fundamental aim of our association is to build a stimulating environment for any interested scholar, promoting the sharing of knowledge, experience, and ideas, across disciplines and thematic fields.
- President | Anna Marta Marini (Universidad de Alcalá)
- Vice President | Laura Álvarez Trigo (Universidad de Alcalá)
- Treasurer | Mónica Jiménez Fernández (Universidad de Valladolid)
- Secretary | Paula Barba Guerrero (Universidad de Salamanca)
- ECRs Representative | Sofía Martinicorena Zaratiegui (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
PopMeC Association for US Popular Culture Studies, NIF G42904169
Registered address: Calle Tinte 1 2A1, 28801 Alcalá de Henares | Madrid, Spain